Monday 1 July 2013

Laura Ashley Dress Fabric

I love Laura Ashley, most of the dresses in my wardrobe that are my favorite graced their shelves at some point. Its just so pretty, floral and British. I often buy them from charity shops and make them over. But I think the time might have come to let one of them go?

It has a ripped seem, which I've fixed, but I don't know how long it will last. So should I just cut it up for fabric? Part of me is tempted to make a skirt out of the bottom half, but then  just think of how much less fabric it will give me.
 

Its lovely isn't it?


I think most of my favorite fabric patterns have been Laura Ashley dress fabric. I wish they would re-release a lot of the eighties dress fabrics for quilting. 


Often I find myself thinking that fabric would make a lovely dress. But even more often I find myself wishing that the day when a dress ends up in the scrap bag would come soon. Like this lovely cotton Cath Kidtson dress (above)

 
Also this Laura Ashley dress, which I haven't even worn yet (its for my best friends wedding this July). Do you find your self feeling like this? Or am I alone? Also Any thoughts on the top dress?

Love Eggs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment